Leading Campings was formed in 1994 by three campsite owners and has become:
• the most prestigious group in European camping - ¬ no other has collected more international awards and recognitions
• the most experienced group in European outdoor tourism - ¬ five members have been active for 50 years
• the most advanced group in European individual tourism - always introducing new sports, entertainment and services unique in the region
• the most ecological group in European camping - certification according to Ecocamping, Manifesto Ambientale Veneto, AENOR Gestión Ambiental, EMAS II and EU Flower.
• the most powerful group in premium European camping - founded in 1994, currently 40 members, around 9.5 million overnights per year and around 2.300 friendly and professional employees throughout Europe
Leading campings members are the leaders in the camping industry offering top-notch services for people who have their own tent, caravan or recreational vehicle or those who would like to rent a mobile home, an apartment or a bungalow or try glamping.
The Leading Campings of Europe guide is one of the most appreciated and popular camping guides in the world and it is distributed for free at fairs and by the association’s partners. It boasts elegant design and 150 pages in 7 languages with texts about 40 campsites and the map of Europe. This year’s issue will pay special attention to the 25th anniversary of the association.
is the fourth Croatian campsite to join the association of the best European campsites, as one of the leading campsites in Croatia. With this membership Leading campings has recognised the campsite’s investing in quality (the first island waterpark in Croatia, new pitches, modern five-star sanitary facilities and children’s playgrounds) and also the future investments Jadranka kampovi is planning for Čikat and other campsites in its collection (Slatina, Bijar and Baldarin Naturist Campsite) to the benefit of its guests, employees and inhabitants of the Cres-Lošinj Archipelago.
To join the association of the best campsites in Europe the applicant has to meet stringent quality and service criteria and Camp Čikat and its staff are always prepared for new challenges.
Camp Čikat was officially accepted into the Leading Campings association at the CMT tourism fair in Stuttgart in January 2019.