Attractions

Sort by:

The Archaeological Collection Osor - Museum of Lošinj

The collection was opened to public in 1889 and since then it has been housed in the building of the former City Hall and loggia. It is a Renaissance building from the first half of the 15th century. Other public buildings in the main square, the Bishop’s Palace and the Cathedral, date from the same period. The building was protected as a monument of culture in 1964. 
The Lapidarium is situated inside a spacious loggia, together with the ancient stone fragments, Medieval wicker ornaments and the Renaissance spolias. The items predominantly from the period of the Early Roman Empire are displayed on the first floor of the City Hall.

The Tower - Museum of Lošinj

Freestanding circular Tower in the centre of Veli Lošinj was built in the 15th century, during the first decades of Venetian domination over the eastern Adriatic coast. With thick walls, small openings, and a relatively low in height to withstand cannon fire from the enemy ships, it was defending the inhabitants of Veli Lošinj against pirate raids. 
Top of the page